Wednesday 17 October 2007

Introduction

Here I am, after several weeks of term, about to start my production journal for my individual Television program of any format, topic and length. But despite my first entry being set up a bit too late, the last few weeks were certainly spend wisely - in terms of this production that is ;-)

Anyway. Being my own producer, director, script writer and editor, I was looking forward to this challenge from the very start. My initial thought was to make a sports program. This took a turn when I realised the amount of cameras, equippment and operators that would have been neccessary for a successful i.e. football match broadcast. Furthermore despite my individual interest for sports I am not that keen on following sports on television. So anyway, that idea didn't work out...

I then decided that what I really wanted to produce more than anything else was a documentary. This was mainly because I am a documentary lover myself and enjoy watching them on TV more than anything else. Another thing that I always wanted to do was a documentary on the violin. This is because my father is a violin maker and I grew up around the instrument and all the amzing stories it carries.

So after having thought of several different things that I could do (i.e. look at violin music used in films, have comments on it from general public, proof to people that it is not a boring instrument, etc.) and having talked about the project with lecturers, television producers, script writers, documentary filmmakers as well as friends I realised that what people really wanted to see was the making of an instrument - so there you go, that's how I decided on my program!



No comments: