Friday 19 October 2007

Storyboard

The next thing that needed to be done was the Storyboard. Since I have never produced a storyboard myself, I decided to do a bit of research before I got started. In most cases the storyboard was described as the director’s visualisation of his script/idea/concept. This is usually done by transferring his or her thoughts onto paper in order to help crew members visualise his idea prior to the shoot.


After having done the research I began my storyboard for the documentary. Because I had very clear images of the type of shots I wanted to take, it didn’t take me long before I had my first few shots on paper. But because you have to be very specific about the things you draw and constantly think about how the object will look on film, it does take quite some time before the storyboard will be completed! As well as that, I found that as I was going along I kept thinking of different things and hence had to change and redraw certain parts. But as soon as I have it all pieced together I will try to scan it in and upload it onto the blog.

No comments: