Saturday 3 November 2007

The Shoot

After having arranged team and equippment the shoot could take place. In a whole everything went very straight forward. Luckily I had done enough preperation work so that we could start setting up lights, camera and other equippment as soon as we reached location. Once everything was set up we started filming and worked ourselves though my shooting schedule. Having had the VO text next to me, I continously checked whether we missed any stage of the production of the violin. This also helped me in terms of time-management as I soon got the idea of how long the filming of each stage of the production process would take. In the end we were on location for about 8 hours each day, producing approximatelly 80 minutes of footage.

Due to the great efford of my team members (consisting of a camera student and a training sound girl) and the very important preperations I made during pre-production, the whole process of filming couldn't have worked out any better. The process of pre-production, from script to storyboard, time management to shoting scedule was especially helpful when I sat down with the camera man shortly before filming and thaught him through my ideas, the types of shots I needed to get, etc.









No comments: